Monday, July 12, 2010

El Sueño

Although I have been here for well over a month at this point, I finally found a couple of hours to hide out in my room and consider all that has happened and is happening in my life right now. For the first time since I arrived in Paraguay, I finally realized: I live in South America, and I am in the Peace Corps!

I know it probably seems silly to many of you, but I think that it is a little hard to believe for anyone after 10 years of dreaming about the achievement of a particular goal when s/he´s actually living it. Ten years ago I started thinking about the Peace Corps, and now I've achieved a large part of that goal. I am here and doing it. That's big stuff for me. I know I've done a lot in my life, but most things don't take 10 years to come to fruition. Heck, nothing has ever taken that long- except growing up. ;-P I really feel young having said that now. Whew! Back to the point, I had a goal that was this pie in the sky when I was kid... and now here I am. There are those things you do because you "had" to do it, but this time I'm doing something that I "want" to do. I hope that everyone can say that they have lived like that at least once in their lives, if not always.

No comments:

Post a Comment