Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ahecha

Throughout November and December, I had the opportunity to teach a Peace Corps Paraguay photography course called "Ahecha" with approximately 30 youth and adults from my community. Although my community is rather large for rural Paraguay, most of my students do not own their own camera and even more have never had the opportunity to use one. So, this was a real exciting chance for my community members to take advantage of 5 digital cameras available for use during class and a rotation to take the cameras home and snap a few shots. Here are some of the topics we covered:

  • How to use a Digital Camera
  • What is a Photo?
  • Basic Photograph Components- light, frame, perspective, moment
  • Photo Analysis- poetry, descriptions, feelings, design
  • Portraits & Self Portraits
  • Landscapes
  • Movement
  • Black & White vs. Color
  • Advertising & Marketing Photography
The students did a spectacular job, with some really stellar results! I hope that every volunteer can participate in such a fun activity for the community. GO AHECHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment