Friday, August 20, 2010

Juramento


Whohooo!!!! This morning at 10am at the US Embassy in Asuncion, Paraguay I took the oath to become an official Peace Corps Volunteer.  Yes this last three months was just a teaser- now for the real thing. 

It's kind of a crazy thing to think about: I am swearing-in as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I have been working towards this so long, but the challenge has yet to begin. On Tuesday, I will arrive at my site and begin working toward the Community Economic Development of a small Latin American pueblo. I don't speak either language (Spanish or Guarani) like it's my own, I don't know anyone there, and I hardly have a clue where I'm going to begin. That being said, this is the life I have signed up for... and despite all the challenges I'm stoked!

So...
I do solemnly affirm that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foriegn and domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same, that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about the enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment